Have you played with `create-ceramic-app`?

@Radek Thanks - I can confirm that it works on my machine too.

A newbie perspective:

• This was indeed quick / painless, albeit, I had just followed your previous tutorial. It is simpler than the original tutorial / Youtube follow-along which are now slightly out-of-date (eg no need to open multiple terminals) but it remains easy to follow.

• I do like the app and the associated use of GraphiQL to provide insight into GraphQL / ComposeDB. The tutorial material at least starts to give insights into data models.

• The associated tutorial material suggests going on to extend this App. As somebody new to this, I think that my main concerns are that I still don’t have a good understanding of what’s happening under-the-hood - which I suggest is the main learning point for all beginners. Joel’s Youtube is far closer to what I think I need at the moment - the ability to interact with, and inspect streams as they are created. Unfortunately that web playground is broken. I have started to try to use Hoppscotch and can at least get some interaction, but it is not clear how far I can go with this (admin DIDs?). The HTTP API docs are very limited and I have no background in JS - I don’t think I’m alone.

Nice App - I suggest that it is a good basis for an improved on-boarding experience. Happy to act as a test case / lab rat if desired.

2 Likes