Hello @everyone! We are excited to share the first Ceramic product roadmap overview with you all. Going forward, we strive to be as open as possible about what kind of things we are working on at the moment, how our priorities look like and most importantly - provide you with a way to share your input and feedback on our roadmap and help us shift our priorities the right way. Going forward, we will be sharing these roadmap overviews with you all every quarter.
You can find the Ceramic roadmap here.
The latest project that was delivered is Simplified Deployments milestone. With the launch of the Wheel and SimpleDeploy, it is now much easier to run Ceramic nodes locally as well as on the cloud.
At the moment, the team is focused on three key projects:
- Query filtering and sorting - a highly requested feature by Ceramic community to expand the query functionality by allowing developers to filter queries by a specific field and order the results in a specific order.
- Improve scalability using Ceramic’s Recon protocol - new Ceramic networking protocol intended to improve the network scalability and data syncing efficiency.
- Benchmarks and performance improvements - a project focused on establishing baselines for current node performance as well as identifying key areas for improvement.
In the future, we are going to put a lot of resources in the following areas:
- DX improvements - making it easier to create relations between models as well as implementing easy-to-use sandbox to quickly test ComposeDB on Ceramic features without the need to install any of the dependencies.
- Data modelling updates:
- Implementing SET account relations - model data that should only be able to happen once per user for a given target document or account (e.g. follow a user, like a post, etc).
- Implementing Unions - ability to query multiple models using a single query.
- Implementing Interfaces - Interfaces are a way to group different data models that share some core structure. For example, you may have a “Verifiable Credential” interface with “Work Credential” and “Education Credential” models that implement that interface. Querying against the interface will let you get results from all indexed Models that implement that interface in a single query.
We want to get your input and feedback on our roadmap and priorities. Do you think some projects that are currently in the “Backlog” should take higher priority? Do you have any feature requests? Do you completely disagree with some of the projects we have on the roadmap? Let us know! Here’s how to provide the feedback:
- Upvote or downvote the projects using the and emojis respectively
- Leave comments with feature requests and more detailed feedback under the relevant project cards.