Getting this error when trying to write to a user's datastore

This is the part where I am getting the error:

await datastore.set("patientBasicInformation", {
        name: "John Doe",
        dateOfBirth: "14/12/2001",
        maritalStatus: "unmarried",
      });

And this is the error I am getting:

Error: Failed to load stream: k3y52l7qbv1fryijn6j2t49khorxu1wfmzlhkmp2rof5xt5e5d5iyc92tm8aoqpkw
    at eval (index.js:158:1)
    at Array.map (<anonymous>)
    at TileLoader._batchLoadFn (index.js:155:1)

I have no idea why it fails to load. Here is the stream id: https://cerscan.com/testnet-clay/stream/k3y52l7qbv1fryijn6j2t49khorxu1wfmzlhkmp2rof5xt5e5d5iyc92tm8aoqpkw

Also, authentication works perfectly, and datastore.get() works completely fine. I am having issues with only datastore.set().

I am using:

"dependencies": {
    "@ceramicnetwork/blockchain-utils-linking": "^2.13.0",
    "@ceramicnetwork/http-client": "^2.21.0",
    "@didtools/pkh-ethereum": "^0.3.0",
    "@emotion/cache": "^11.10.7",
    "@emotion/react": "^11.10.6",
    "@glazed/datamodel": "^0.3.1",
    "@glazed/did-datastore": "^0.3.2",
    "@glazed/did-session": "^0.1.1",
    "@mantine/core": "^6.0.6",
    "@mantine/form": "^6.0.6",
    "@mantine/hooks": "^6.0.6",
    "@mantine/notifications": "^6.0.6",
    "@rainbow-me/rainbowkit": "^0.12.7",
    "@tabler/icons-react": "^2.14.0",
    "did-session": "^2.0.1",
    "eslint": "8.38.0",
    "eslint-config-next": "13.3.0",
    "ethers": "^5",
    "key-did-provider-ed25519": "^3.0.0",
    "key-did-resolver": "^3.0.0",
    "next": "13.3.0",
    "react": "18.2.0",
    "react-dom": "18.2.0",
    "wagmi": "^0.12.10"
  }
1 Like

When I try to load that streamid, I get the error
{"error":"Can not verify signature for commit bagcqcera2d4zdaxitcp66sldw3jh4ylf3ckwrk5jiepqaccwb7phdh2ozoca: Failed to resolve did:3:bafyreiay3tompw4qaxscdsg2xpn42iv22nlolrdof7byekpyrvrlrvx3pm?version-id=0#zMb4TWzyEkkqJiu: invalidDid, Error: Not a valid 3ID"}

@zfer can you take a look at this?

1 Like

Hi Yash, will have Zach follow up with you ASAP - he is the expert on 3ID errors based on Spencer’s debugging. Thanks for your patience.

Yash, also curious to learn more about what you’re building. Our ComposeDB on Ceramic + did:pkh auth stack is the best fit for most use cases, the older IDX on Ceramic + 3ID auth is only for a handful of special use cases.

I’m getting the same error

Can you share more about why you’re using DID Datastore?

I created a DID management system following Matthew’s tutorial on youtube and everything was working fine until this morning when I wanted to deploy it to Vercel but decided to test it again just to be sure and then noticed the error pop-up, I also made a video about the project but can’t also post it until I’m sure it’s working.

Thanks for the quick reply! We’re in the process of deprecating Glaze & DID Datastore, we’ve marked these as legacy docs Legacy Tools - Ceramic Developers

cc: @0x5ecA915D5c63A1BDbA

What was the video you spotted?

I’m done with the video and honestly may not be able to reshoot cause this one took a lot of time and effort(Inserts crying emoji)

This is the video I learned from:
Getting Started With Ceramic - YouTube honestly the main resource that got me up to speed

Thanks for sharing this link and the section that references DID Datastore - we will make sure that we have up to date videos to not confuse people. cc @Justina

I’m sorry that you went this far down the path before hitting a wall, that is our mistake. Would still love to see the video and get in touch with you over Discord. Can you DM me your discord handle?

I’ll upload the video and then share the link with you, would have sent it directly but the file too heavy(Shoot and edited in 4k).

My Discord: judicodes#9994

I’ve not updated the title and description, currently, the video is not yet public