Grant/Project Name: index.as
Proposer’s contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant Category: Apps
ELI5 Project Summary: index.as allows you to curate all-forms of content, and enable search in these curations, and monetize them independently.
We believe the web should be the space where people can make delightful discoveries that pique their curiosity. That’s why we set out to solve ‘the discovery problem’ on the web.
The ontology of information, which is independent and atomized, holds the key to solutions. Information should be organized in the same way it is created. It should remain independent, atomized, yet contextualized.
We are building a tool that enables users to create a topic-based index. People can add articles, documents, NFTs, photos, videos, tweets, and any other content. In this way, they can create their own library of content for any model as Composites. Advanced filtering and search options can also make these indexes function as small search engines. Index data will be stored on Ceramic, and users will authenticate on indexes with their DIDs.
Ceramic allows us to build Index schema, which gives the capability of interoperability to information organization as well as granting ownership.
To build and develop the curation tool with these capabilities, we decided to use Compose DB.
Also, we will explore providing organization and discoverability for these models:
- Defining Annotation model for interoperable web annotations and sharing with veeo.io
- Curating Video composites by collaborating with Livepeer
- Cryptographically verifiable WebArchive composite with webrecorder.net
index.as high-level dataflow:
Ceramic Ecosystem Value Proposition:
- What is the problem statement this proposal hopes to solve for the Ceramic ecosystem?
- How does your proposal offer a value proposition solving the above problem?
Decentralized Information Organization & Discovery:
While individuals can create web3 content independently and in a decentralized manner, discoverability remains a challenge. To solve this issue, it is necessary to ensure the discoverability of content on Ceramic. With index.as, the different data models can be curated to be organized and discoverable. Also, we are building index.as as a curation tool rather than a platform to allow curators to create their own independent ecosystem. This will enable people to navigate the web with Ceramic, in a creator-driven way. Besides, Ceramic allows us to build Index schema, which will give the capability of interoperability to information organization. For the first time ever, people can organize information without creating a walled garden.
Bridging the Gap: Migrating from Web2 to Web3 Content:
By enabling decentralized information organization, information on web2 will be discoverable on web3 through human curation. Similarly, Web2 users who discover the curations/indexes can explore the web3 environment without logging into their wallets.
- Why will this solution be a source of growth for the Ceramic ecosystem?
Expanding the Reach of Web3: Engaging a New Audience:
index.as provides comprehensive options for ownership, collaboration, and monetization for curators, with the goal of integrating them into the creator economy. This will facilitate the onboarding of journalists, subject-matter experts and of course curators. Additionally, DAOs and communities seeking to organize information collectively will also be part of it.
Enabling Discovery for Models:
As an interoperable and format-agnostic indexing tool, index.as provides models with a means of organizing and making their data discoverable, eliminating the need for them to develop separate applications in their early stages.
Funding requested (DAI/USDC): [$48,000]
Milestone 1 : [32,000] - 8 weeks
- We are building an MVP version to enable content curation. People can create indexes and make curations.
- We will implement a crawler to enable curating web2 documents. It will fetch URL content, and store content on ComposeDB in Link composite.
- We will integrate ComposeDB with Elasticsearch to enable full-text search. To achieve this, we plan to use Debezium, Apache Kafka, and KafkaConnect.
Milestone 2: [16,000] - 4 weeks
- We will integrate programmatic signing functionality of Lit actions with ComposeDB to enable multi-user curation with role based access control. It’ll enable Multi user & community owned curations.
- We will enable curating CompositeDB content. We will start with Video composite by integrating index.as with Livepeer.
I accept the 3Box Labs Grants terms and conditions : Yes
I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the 3Box Labs to receive this grant: Yes