Decentralised Safe Registry
Proposer’s contact info (please provide a reliable point of contact for the project):
TG @arseneeth / email@example.com
ELI5 Project Summary: [1-2 sentence summary that a non-engineer would understand]
We propose to build a Decentralized Safe Registry with Ceramic Protocol and ComposeDB that will make Safe protocol more decentralized. This Registry will act as an alternative to a centralized Safe API.
Project Description: [Please be as detailed as possible to ensure that the community understands exactly what you are proposing]
Currently, the architecture of Safe uses a centralized backend to collect and bundle signatures, rendering them open to attack vectors.
The Decentralized Safe Registry allows for use of the Safe Protocol bypassing its centralized server. ComposeDB can be used to enable a decentralized and permissionless alternative.
- Mirror Article: Summoning a Decentralised Safe Registry — Daoism Systems
- Github: GitHub - daoism-systems/safe-decentralized-registry: Safe on ComposeDB POC
- PoC: https://charming-pony-72144d.netlify.app/
- Previous projects the team has meaningfully contributed to: DoinGud, Balancer, PrimeDAO
- Website: https://daoism.systems/
- Twitter @daoism_systems
Ceramic Ecosystem Value Proposition:
- What is the problem statement this proposal hopes to solve for the Ceramic ecosystem?
Currently the Safe protocol relies heavily on a centralized transaction service which stores all proposal information, signatures, and safe configurations, posing a risk of this data being compromised. Moreover an attack can disable server performance and paralyze the entire Safe ecosystem.
- How does your proposal offer a value proposition solving the above problem?
Our solution avoids the central point vulnerability by moving all interactions with the Safe backend to the user’s frontend instead. Because the data is stored on a set of permissionless open nodes, and it is visible to everyone, it eliminates all blackboxes in the system.
- Why will this solution be a source of growth for the Ceramic ecosystem?
Safe is an essential infrastructural element in the DAO and DeFi community, and from our working experience, we believe it will become a key primitive in the future.
By designing Decentralized Safe registry as an alternative flow to Safe protocol we open an opportunity for Ceramic and ComposeDB to become key building blocks in the emerging Safe eco-system.
Our ultimate goal is to create an SDK that will make it easy for engineers to integrate Safe/ComposeDB integration in their applications.
Funding requested (DAI/USDC): [$10000]
How much are you applying for? Make sure to break the amount requested down by milestones
- Milestone #1: Complete flow PoC (1 month) - [$8000]
- [Proof-of-Concept of a complete flow that allows the signing and execution of Safe transactions using Ceramic and ComposeDB ] - [170 Hours @ 47 $/ Hr]
- Milestone #2: Detailed technical article (2 weeks) - [$2000
- [A detailed, step-by-step technical guide on how to build this type of app.] - [85 Hours @ 25 $/ Hr]
**I accept the 3Box Labs Grants terms and conditions: [Yes]
**I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the 3Box Labs to receive this grant: [Yes]