Grant/Project Name: Oamo
Proposer’s contact info (please provide a reliable point of contact for the project): email@example.com
Grant Category: Tooling/Analytics
ELI5 Project Summary: Oamo is creating a platform that helps individuals own and monetize their data by providing access to it to companies in exchange for rewards. Once they acquire user data, companies obtain user behavior insights and can send targeted promotions and surveys to users.
Oamo is building a Data Marketplace. Its suite of tools helps users monetize their data by providing access to their on-chain and off-chain data to companies in exchange for rewards.
Oamo’s data ecosystem consists of a Decentralized Identity Portal for users to manage and monetize their data, and a Data Management Platform for companies looking to acquire and analyze datasets. Both stakeholders are connected by Data Pools to aggregate and access datasets, and Oamo’s Messaging System to open communication lines between users and companies.
Companies can create data pools with specific participation criteria (i.e. smart contract activity, token holdings, demographic profile) to aggregate user data in an anonymous way and leverage insights.
They can then communicate with participants directly via the platform to share user-specific promotions and surveys to complement insights.
- Website: oamo.io (in construction)
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Oamo_io (to be developed)
- Github: To be opened in January
- Previous projects the team has meaningfully contributed to: Figment, Eventbrite, 0x Society
- Comparable projects or peers:
Ceramic Ecosystem Value Proposition:
What is the problem statement this proposal hopes to solve for the Ceramic ecosystem? We are looking to increase the number of Ceramic users and the amount of data stored on Ceramic.
How does your proposal offer a value proposition solving the above problem? Oamo onboards individuals to Ceramic via its DID, to which users connect their wallets and social profiles. Users then store their on-chain and off-chain data on Ceramic and manage access to this data.
Companies onboard to Ceramic via our Data Management Platform where they can gain access to aggregated and anonymized user data in the form of insights. They can then send promotions and surveys to specific user segments by communicating with their DID.
- Why will this solution be a source of growth for the Ceramic ecosystem? If successful in our goal to decentralize the data brokerage industry, Oamo will onboard millions of users and thousands of companies to the Ceramic ecosystem. They will store personal data, analyze aggregated data, and communicate via their Ceramic-based DIDs.
Funding requested (DAI/USDC): 40,000 USDC
How much are you applying for? Make sure to break the amount requested down by milestones
- Milestone #1: Complete our data permissioning layer (2 months) - [$20,000]
- Kickoff the database architecture and development environment setup 50 Hours @ 50$/h
- Build a data aggregator that would digest specific contracts, events and index them in a format that will allow our data science team to generate meaningful insights. 180 Hours @ 50$/h
- Building the smart contract that governs the data pool and create the user flow to customize such contract 150 Hours @ 50$/h
- Milestone #2: Launch the DID MVP (3 months) - [$20,000]
- Create the CI/CD and all the Sysops ops setup to be able to have a staging and a production environment 80 Hours @ 50$/h
- Initial DID setup and User onboarding flow 70 Hours @ 50$/h
- Build the compose DB schema and digestion app that will push all the relative data from our SQL to Ceramic once the user is onbarded 120 Hours @ 50$/h
- Building the user Dashboard that will allow a specific user to accept pool onboarding request, navigate the offers and see their progression on the platform 130 Hours @ 50$/h
I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the 3Box Labs to receive this grant: Yes