Struggling with docker images

Hi … i am using these docker images to connect to testnet-clay.

ceramicnetwork/js-ceramic:latest and
ceramicnetwork/go-ipfs-daemon

This combination was recommended a month or two ago and did work. Now I did update js-ceramic to the latest version. The ipfs-daemon is the same version as previously.

I am seeing promising logs like this:

[Fri, 04 Nov 2022 09:17:06 GMT] service=pubsub peer=QmWeJD8pdayXrhsJVtRDKycjVWMqC9XGEizEc34UpD5pH1 event=received topic=/ceramic/testnet-clay message.from=12D3KooWDTWHwLz7kwtzABg7fQ5JS8bC4rTXgKkaP7esi2vnNAat message.seqno=17128cb5f5501b40 message.topicIDs.0=/ceramic/testnet-clay message.typ=3 message.ts=1667553426239 message.ver=2.8.0

but then various logs ;like this:

[2022-11-04T09:17:00.007Z] ERROR: “Error while processing Update message from pubsub: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘get’)”
[2022-11-04T09:17:00.009Z] ERROR: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘get’)

and finally :

[2022-11-04T09:17:08.871Z] IMPORTANT: ‘Closing Ceramic instance’
[2022-11-04T09:17:08.879Z] IMPORTANT: ‘Ceramic instance closed successfully’
Ceramic daemon failed to start up:
Error: could not detect network (event=“noNetwork”, code=NETWORK_ERROR, version=providers/5.7.2)
at Logger.makeError (/js-ceramic/node_modules/@ethersproject/logger/lib/index.js:238:21)
at Logger.throwError (/js-ceramic/node_modules/@ethersproject/logger/lib/index.js:247:20)
at StaticJsonRpcProvider. (/js-ceramic/node_modules/@ethersproject/providers/lib/json-rpc-provider.js:609:54)
at step (/js-ceramic/node_modules/@ethersproject/providers/lib/json-rpc-provider.js:48:23)
at Object.throw (/js-ceramic/node_modules/@ethersproject/providers/lib/json-rpc-provider.js:29:53)
at rejected (/js-ceramic/node_modules/@ethersproject/providers/lib/json-rpc-provider.js:21:65)
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5) {
reason: ‘could not detect network’,
code: ‘NETWORK_ERROR’,
event: ‘noNetwork’
}

Is the pair with ‘your’ ipfs node still the best way for a dockerized setup? Something else i am missing?

Thanks, Joera

P.S. daemon.config →

“anchor”: {
“ethereum-rpc-url”: “https://ropsten.infura.io/v3/xxx
},
“http-api”: {
“cors-allowed-origins”: [
“.*”
]
},
“ipfs”: {
“mode”: “remote”,
“host”: “/dns4/ceramic-ipfs/tcp/5001”
},
“logger”: {
“log-level”: 0,
“log-to-files”: true
},
“network”: {
“name”: “testnet-clay”
},
“node”: {},
“state-store”: {
“mode”: “fs”,
“local-drectory”: “/root/.ceramic/statestore”
}

Hi @0xB6cA51CA72C689b720, the noNetwork error indicates some issue with your Infura endpoint. The rest of the configuration seems ok to me.

Can you double-check that endpoint?

Aww … i must have been sleeping under a stone. Ropsten is decomissioned!

insert red cheeks emoji

I had a look at the daemon config on my laptop and there the anchor object is empty, so i am going for that. No errors in first five minutes.

Will continue playing later

Thanks, Joera

1 Like

Haha, cool, good to hear :grin: